Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Electrolysis

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Kent,

When I was in Puerto La Cruz, Venezuela about 7 or 8 years ago, I bought a new oil pressure sensor from the Yanmar distributor there. It had two wire terminal and I believe it was Yanmar part number 119773-91520.

I am thinking that all Yanmar replacement sensors/senders are two terminal types which probably are isolated ground.

I cannot find where Yanmar makes 2 different sensors/senders...only one, and I am 99% sure it is 2 wire. And, I believe that since Yanmar does understand isolated grounding, these 2 wire sensors are isolated ground.

Did you check your sensors for 1 wire or 2 wires?

I hope this helps, more than it confuses.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thank you Eric.  I thought that had to be the case, but the guru at Mastry (the U.S. Yanmar contact) has told my electrical engineer that no isolated sensors  are available.  They must be made by someone other than Yanmar.
If anyone knows where to get them, please let me know.
Thanks again,
Kent

On Feb 10, 2015, at 8:36 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

The Yanmar and Onan have a separate Negative from the rest of the boat as they have a separate battery. I have not looked at the 12 alternator but the negative lead from the start battery is only connected to my boat when the engine starts. Yes, isolated ground senders are available as I have them on my engine, if you have separate oil and temp gauges, they are also available with an isolated ground.

Sorry I am not on the boat to send you photos.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite SM 376