Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Prop Shaft Electrolysis

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Kent,

The original sensor was 2 wire as well as the new one.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks, Bill,
Yes, the electrical schematics for the Yanmar show the sensors grounded where they screw into the block, and they indeed have only one wire.

Was your old sensor also a two wire isolated one?  I guess your gauges/idiot lights continued to work properly with the new sensor?  The mechanic at my yard says that if you change sensors, you often have to change gauges, too.

I'll have a look at the part you cite and see what I can find out.  Wish I could get an answer from Yanmar that makes sense.

Kent
SM243
Kristy