Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AMEL MARAMU GROUNDING SYSTEM

Eric Lindholm

Dennis, I am doing the same thing, and trying to figure out what was intended to be bonded to what in my maramu as well. I didn't know that there was a bonding ground attached to the rudder until I read a response to your question. I have been having my dive service install the zincs, but I thought they were a stand alone system. Now I really have to look. I will watch the reply's to your question, and supply my own info when I figure it out. Eric Maramu 105

DENNIS STULLER <svcheechako@...> wrote:
HAS ANYONE DELVED DEEPLY INTO THE AMEL GROUNDING SYSTEM? IN THE
PROCESS OF CLEANING UP THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT ON MY 1985 MARAMU HULL
#186 I HAVE FOUND THAT THE GROUND STRAP BETWEEN THE ENGINE AND THE
GROUND BUS HAS BEEN SEVERED, APPARENTLY ON PURPOSE. ALSO WHERE THE
GROUNDING BUSS PASSES IN FRONT OF THE ENGINE, IT APPEARS AS IF THE
BUSS ORIGINALLY WAS EXTENED DOWN INTO THE BILGE AND WAS BOLTED TO THE
KEEL BOLT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BILGE. THIS MAKES SOME SENSE, BUT ON MY
BOAT BOTH CONNECTIONS ARE SEVERED.

THANKS, DENNIS STULLER MARAMU #186 "CHEECHAKO"

Sailing Sailing yacht Amel Boating sailing