Diesel fuel tank access port or ports for OLD Maramu

rossny@mail.com

Hello, To clean out my fuel tank it looks like I will have to cut a access port into the top of the tank. Looking at the tank I see weld marks that to me looks like interior baffles welded to slow the fuel from moving around when under way. Has anyone done this to a OLD Maramu (1989) ? Do I need to cut a port in between each baffle or will one larger one in the center allow me access to the end corners.

Also, on my survey the tank is listed as "Monel", do I need to use Monel material and bolts/nuts to minimize corrosion?

Would anyone have a drawing of the tank with the baffle design? OK that might be to much to ask!

Thank you,

Ross (freezing in NYC)

Maramu #261 1989