Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu blisters

Bob <bob.sarff@...>

Thanks Eric for your reply.  I'm thinking of doing the same thing but wanted others opinions.  Much appreciated.  I may wait until next season in NZ after another 6 months in the tropics.

Bob

On Feb 24, 2015, at 4:20 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

My previous boat had about 400 blisters.

I ground each one down with a dremel tool .

I then waited a few weeks , as it was summer and filled all the holes with epoxy putty and faired the hull. I then put on 3 coats of Interprotect - Interlux InterProtect Epoxy Primer . Then one coat of blue bottom paint and 2 coats of black. End of problem. When I saw blue paint I knew it was time to repaint. It was a simple job but tedious and time consuming.  I do not see the logic in removing all the gel coat from a boat if there is not a problem.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376