Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maramu blisters

Bob <bob.sarff@...>

I'm at the Norsand boat yard and so far have been very happy with their work.  The yard manager Peter is the one I've been talking with.  There are several boats here going through the process I've described.

Thanks for your comments.

Bob

On Feb 24, 2015, at 4:34 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bob,

It could be triue, but I know for a fact that there are some certified crooks in the painting business in NZ.

What is the name of the guy who told you this, and the name of the business. Where is the business located.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

On Feb 23, 2015 8:39 PM, "bob.sarff@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I have some small blisters since I purchased me 1985 Maramu 7 years ago.  I've always been told that they were small and just cosmetic.

This latest haul out in NZ I'm being told that I should have a complete osmosis repair and it could take 2 1/2-3 months for the hull dr dry out after grinding and before 3 coats of epoxy can be applied.  The cost is estimated to be $25,000 nzd.

My question to other Maramu owners is, is this a common problem with older Maramu's?  Has anyone with a similar problem taken a different approach (like grinding the blisters individually yourself vs using a me jibe to skim off the entire chop layer of fiberglass.

Thanks for any input you can furnish.

Bob

S/V Chara

Hin 173