Backstay Adjuster - maramu

j.lochhead@...

Hi All

I have a 1984 maramu Hull# 147. I have noticed that the Backstay adjuster is corroded and starting to develop some cracking. (Not good as it is only a matter of time before it will break.)

Do most other people adjust their Backstay tension?

After talking with some local riggers all questioned if I actually use it.

I don't know if it is just me and my background in club racing on smaller keelboats, but I do make adjustments to this. Should I just relax a bit and replace it with a turnbuckle instead of lashing out?

James
Mahiti #147