Re: Backstay Adjuster - maramu

Dave_Benjamin

James,

I feel a backstay is still relevant. If the mechanical adjuster is beyond repair, I'd replace it with a simple block and tackle arrangement. You can use a mechanical fitting so you don't need to replace the backstay. If I were replacing the backstay, I'd use Dux rather than wire. I think with a bit of creativity you could work out a clean lead to a winch that would allow you to tension the backstay without having to use a large mechanical advantage or cascading system.

Let me know if you need a hand with sourcing anything. My rigging dept manager is pretty creative.