Re: Maramu blisters

sbmesasailor

I had considerable blistering on Libertad when purchased but fortunately it turned out to be only in the antifoul as the last coat was incompatible with the previous one or the prep work was poorly executed.  I have been following this site for about ten years and in all that time I have not heard of widespread blistering on the Maramu, so I think I can safely say that blistering is not a common/major problem.

Sorry, can't comment on the repair process or the cost but my gut says 25K nzd seems a bit steep.  Perhaps NZL isn't the place for economical repairs it was five years ago.

Dennis Johns
Maramu #121
Barcelona, Spain