[Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Speed vs. RPM

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Great idea Eric. I really hadn't thought of doing this my self but it sounds rather straight
forward. Do you know if there is a stand-pipe of some sort that sticks up inside the tank
at the bottom of the tank where the fuel outlet goes to the shut off valve? I have been
careful with all the fuel I have put in my tank but even so I am surprised at how little
shows up in my Racor filters and wonder if there is time bomb waiting to go off with
retained material in the bottom of the tank.

Thanks, Gary

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Judy,
The fuel polishing is very simple and can be done with a 500-turbine Racor
filter, an electric transfer pump some fuel hose and 3 feet of copper
tubing. You make a vacuum cleaner gadget with this, remove the inspection
ports and vacuum away.
We also had a 100gpm Racor filter and a 13 gpm fuel transfer pump added to
our fuel system and filter the fuel before it goes into the tank.

I have polished my tanks for the last 10 years myself.

There is also a screen at the bottom of the tank that is accessible only by
removing the shut off valve at the bottom of the tank. It is very similar
material as the screens in the shower drains.
This is where you will get a clog and can not be cleaned by polishing the
tank.
Of course the tank has to be empty to do this.

Fair Winds,
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite