Re: Maramu blisters

Duane Siegfri

I was recently discussing this issue with some knowledgeable people, and their take on it was unless they were large enough to be a structural issue, paint them and forget them.  Their argument (as best I can relate it anyway) was this: H2O is drawn into voids in the laminate by a chemical process (I assume osmosis).  When there is sufficient H2O in the void to react with the catalyst, then the H2O molecules are no longer attracted and the process is stabilized.  Therefore the blisters stop growing.  As long as the blisters don't get too big, don't worry about it.  If you have the time and money, fix it.  If you're short on either, and the blisters are not a structural problem, "paint 'em and forget 'em".