Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] ultrasonic antifouling

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Haha – I guess the wrong type of visitors – sounded too good to be true – my wife wonders if would upset dogs also

Andrew

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Sunday, March 01, 2015 6:45 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] ultrasonic antifouling

Andrew,

We were docked next to a Russian owned Amel with ultrasonic hull protection. The beeping sound was very annoying and the hull was covered in barnacles and growth.

Other than the above, it may be OK for keeping visitors away. ;)

Bill

BeBe

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with ultrasonic antifouling systems, sounds like there has been some positive experiences with it although it needs a continuous power supply which could be a problem during extended cruises.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France