From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:01 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] User Groups

Michael,

I am going to show my old fashioned ways: Chapman Piloting & Seamanship. Yes, it’s a book. It’s paper. It’s old fashioned but it’s a lot of what you need to know. Read it.

I agree with Bill. A lot of the forum’s have marginal advice. IMO there are a lot of angry people waiting to pick fights while hiding behind a computer screen.

Also, someone here suggested cruising on other people’s boats or offering to crew for no-charge. While this is tempting and could work out very well for you, be careful. Do you know enough about boats and boating to recognize a potential disaster before setting off? I’m not sure I would be willing to put my life in the hands of a perfect stranger and the seaworthiness of their boat.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275