From: "jjjk12s@... [amelyachtowners]"
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups..com
Sent: Sunday, 8 March 2015 12:17 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Keel bolt bonding strap

I need to renew the bonding strap to the keel bolt in the deep engine room sump and as I have the engine out it's a good time to try it. I intend to replace the braided copper strap which is too old with a solid copper strip fastened to the keel bolt. I guess its probably covered in flowcoat that will need chipping off and I need to get a socket welded on a long pipe - and use something to keep the nut in place in the socket and fabricate a suitable end terminal for the copper.....

If I'd be very grateful if anyone who's done it has any tips. I remember a post about this a while back but haven't found it.

Thanks
John, Maramu #91 1981, Popeye, port Douglas, Australia