Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Electric Motor/Pump to the toilet

Dennis woods

For what it's worth, I replaced a jabsco motor which was waterlogged and replaced the seal on the other toilet. Both have been faultless for 5 years now. One thing I do is always pump out all the water from the pan after use so there is little water pressing against the seal. Happy Sails. Dennis. IL FLAUTO MAGICO SM 408

On Sunday, 8 March 2015, jjjk12s@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Its worth considering changing the seal even on a brand new pump to a good quality nitrile seal from a bearing shop. It seems both Johnson and Jabsco pump shaft seals are more sensitive to chemicals that they should be considering their job. The pumps in Australia cost about the same as a whole new toilet.

John, Maramu, #91 Popeye