Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] RACOR or Vetus dual fuel filter

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Paul,

Went through the same question last year; given my travel plans will take me to "out of the way" places where fuel is likely to be transferred via drums or jerry cans, I chose RACOR.

I had not technical reason.  Just went on reputation and my wish for "peace of mind" while sailing the "boondocks" of our planet.

Hopefully, someone will pipe in and give loads of tech reasons why I chose the better system.

Fair winds,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 8 Mar 2015, at 17:35, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello again, hope I’m not tiring you with another question but as new Amel owner and just to start live aboard and go blue water sailing, all advice are most appreciated

We will replace the current fuel filter/water separator with a dual system, Either Veus  or RACOR. If the price where the same I would have chosen RACOR, but the price for Vetus dual fuel filter is half price of the RACOR System

Do any of you have any view on this? is it worth paying the double price for RACOR?

Paul on S/Y Kerpa