Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] BATTERIES FOR SULAJON SM #347

Eric Lindholm

6 volt is the only way to go. you can discharge/ recharge a 6 volt battery up to 1,000 times compared to a 12 volt, which the best only go around 250. The plates are twice as thick on the 6 volt. I have used them for at least 10 years, and would never go back. Two 6 volt batteries provide almost the same amp hours as a 12 volt 8d, using only two thirds the space, and they are a lot easier to get in and out of the boat.
Eric maramu 105

jfolino901 <jfolino901@yahoo.com> wrote:
HAS ANYONE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH 6 VOLT BATTERIES FOR THE HOUSE
BATTERIES? I HAVE HAD GOOD LUCK WITH ROLLS BATTERIES. I AM NOT IN NEED
YET, BUT WANT TO PLAN FOR THE FUTURE.
JOHN