From: Bill Rouse <brouse@gmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:28:20 -0600
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Digest Number 776

Eric & John,

I am intrigued by this 6 volt option. I have 12 house batteries.

. I assume that you would divide these into 4 parallel wired sets of 3
batteries with an output of 6 volts per set.

. Then I assume that you would wire 2 of these sets of 3 in series
producing 12 volts and do the same with the other 2 sets of three.

. Lastly I assume that you wire the 2 12 volt pairs in series to produce
24 volts.

I guess another option would be 3 sets of 4 wired in a series and then
connect the 3 series-wired sets parallel to produce 24 volts?

I assume that either method will require almost all new wiring? Any input
will be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill Rouse
S/V Security