Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel Super Maramu owners suite bed

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Bill,

I do not have the template, but have been in the furniture manufacturing business and product development and merchandising of mattresses and sofa cushioning.

If I were you, I would use 5" of 3.5 pounds/cubic foot of HR Polyurethane Foam topped with 3" of 4.0 pounds/cubic foot  Viscoelastic Foam (Memory foam), for a total of 8". If 8" is too thick for you, you can use 4" and 2" for a total of 6". I would cover it with a plain cotton terry cloth with a zipper for easy removal and replacement or cleaning. I would not go less than the stated densities (pounds/cubic foot). Try to get a quilted Dacron fiber mattress pad made by the mattress guy because what you buy in stores will not fit.

Let me know what your mattress guy says about my suggestion.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 10:02 PM, william_maffei@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi -

I am new to this group and recently purchased an Amel. The bed needs some serious help and I have been working with some mattress companies in the New England area. Does anyone have a template or measurements for a 53' Amel owners suite mattress. This layout is one without the vanity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Bill
SM #195