From: Eric Lindholm <etlindholm@sbcglobal.net>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 12:37:01 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Digest Number 776

Bill you connect the positive terminal of one battery to the negative terminal
of another battery, and those two batteries equal one 12 volt battery. You will
have one positive terminal( which I will call A terminal), and one negative
terminal(which I will call B terminal) which are not connected to anything, and
these are your new 12 volt positive and negative terminals. Make up four sets
like this. Connect the 4 positive A terminals to each other, and the 4 negative
B terminals to each other just like you do your 12 volt batteries, and then run
this to your battery switch. Use the largest battery cable you can find for all
connections, this is very important. These batteries have a lot of power, and
undersized cable will not let you utilize all that is available. Eric

dlm48@aol.com wrote: cunfused i am

you will need FOUR 6V batteries wired in series to produce 24V

if you have EIGHT 6V batteries then you have two sets of 4 series wired
batteries wired in parallel to double the AH capacity

the only new wiring would be the series wiring as in the above example
six short piecies of wire

and so on

regards

David