Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maybe a stupid question, but I am concerned abt it.

hanspeter baettig

Hi Peter
I do not understand, your engine is on the port side ?
Hanspeter
SM16
Turkey, Fethiye 

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 11.03.2015 um 23:30 schrieb "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Peter,

Congratulations on your SM.

Mine also list about 2 degrees with an empty diesel tank and about 1 degree with a full tank. I also find the vessel is a little more upright with a full water tanks. With both full water and diesel, I am almost upright. I don’t think it has anything to do with the fact most of our crap is stored on the port side of the boat.

We have also found our butt sags just a little (no, this is not a personal thing). We adjusted the water line on our first haul out. It was cheaper than the other option of adding more chain in the chain locker.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2015 4:28 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Maybe a stupid question, but I am concerned abt it.

Hi all,

I bought the SM (1992) recently and I am refitting piece by piece since a couple of weeks.
I always had the subjective impression that the vessel is not horizontal (no list). Today I checked and I saw that I have a list of 2 degrees to the port side.

The engine and the generator are on the port side, that could give a bit more weight at that side but i think its strange.

Is this normal on a SM? Or do I have to explore why this happens?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.