Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Calpeda A/C pump

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

I think that it is:
Part Number: 9281K121
Pump Shaft Seal, 304 Stainless Steel, 3/8" ID, 0.917" Seal OD, Industry Number 511 $20.70 each

Bill

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 8:10 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Any idea which McMaster pump shaft seal is the correct one?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 8:38 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Calpeda A/C pump

Mark,

Alex gave you the answer that I gave him a while ago.

Veco-na.com

Courtney Brown

Coastal Climate Control, Inc.

PO Box 4535

Annapolis MD 21403

info"at"CoastalClimateControl.com 

I bought an impeller and O ring from them. The mechanical seal is a standard size stainless steel 10mm or 3/8" mechanical seal that looks like this one: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/324976668/lightbox/1427728349?orderBy=ordinal&sortOrder=asc&photoFilter=ALL#zax/1427728349

This same mechanical seal is used in the Dessalator Low Pressure Feed Pump, the Climma Calpeda BCM20E water pump for A/C, and the AFMA 66B fresh water Pump. AND, I think it is the same seal used inside the Onan salt water pump...but I am not sure about that. I found some of these while in Malaysia and bou ght 6 of them for about $30 total...and yes they are stainless steel.

Alex, thanks for the part numbers...I did not have those.

Bill

BeBe 387

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 6:07 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Does this take the impeller from the old blue pump or did you have to modify it? I rebuilt my blue pump a couple of years ago and would like to get some more replacement parts for the impeller assembly (I used existing inventory when I rebuilt it). Do you have a source for this piece?

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, March 09, 2015 9:51 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Calpeda A/C pump

And, if you want a real deal on a 230 volt March pump, check this out:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/March-pump-AC-5C-MD-230v-1ph-1-8hp-3090rpm-NOS-free-shipping-/251866184098

I have one of these as a spare. I t hink it also might work for the Dessalator 160 liter low pressure pump.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
sent from my tablet

On Mar 9, 2015 7:59 AM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

You're right Bill. AC-5C-MD

Sorry, can't even blame that one on the iPhone keypad. Glad you caught it.

Kent

< br>On Mar 9, 2015, at 8:07 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

Could you check that number again because March does not sho w AC-5P-MD.

I think it might be AC-5C-MD

Bill

BeBe 387

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 6:58 AM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Eric.

On SM243 the original was replaced in St Maarten 5 yrs ago with a pump recommended by the Frigoboat dealer there.

March Mfg Co

Grenville, IL

Model AC-5C-MD

It's been going strong for 5 years now.

Kent

SM243

Kristy 

On Mar 9, 2015, at 12:32 AM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyacht owners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Can anyone please send me the serial number of the calpeda A/C&n bsp; raw water pump Greenish blue color on a hull close to my hull number?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.