Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] BATTERIES FOR SULAJON SM #347

Eric Lindholm

I use trojan 105 batteries which are 220 ah, cost about $100 or less US. I use all 6 batteries for the house, and installed a separate 12 volt starting battery for the engine. Eric maramu 105

Horst Pause <horst@dpnsoftware.com> wrote: What batteries do you use? Have they got bolt and nut connectors?

I bought (expensive) Deka Saturated Glass Mat, 12 V, and forgot to
physically disconnect the inverter during a recent 4 month lay-up. This
caused such severe sulphation that the batteries are now for the skip.

The boat is in Sardinia.

Thank you for any information you can give me.

Horst, Maramu 185