Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bulge in Engine Hatch Cover and elsewhere.

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Gerhard,

The repair is well known and you can have it done by Riza Cagdas at Emek Marine in Goček Turkey.

Every report indicates a good repair.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 17 Mar 2015, at 07:40, pepinoamel <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi Joel Potter & Olivier Beaute,

Maybe one of you can chime in and explain to us how to properly rectify the problem with the bulge on the engine hatch cover.  I also have the bulge and have been considering putting stainless steel plates on the inside as some others have done but I cannot see any compression or stress cracks on the inside where the struts are mounted.  That makes me think there might be something else at play and not just the force from the struts pushing it through to the outside.  Is there corrosive metal built into the hatch?

Your or anybody elses input would be much appreciated.

Gerhard Hoffmann

SM381, Pepino

Greece