Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Muffler question

amelforme

Hi Vito,

That muffler is aluminum, not stainless. They are not able
to be repaired. Trust me. We tried twice and the only one
who was happy was the welding supplies store.

AMEL went to a plastic/poly type on later boats from VETUS.
The advantage was that they don't corrode and since they are
"flexible" they eliminated vibration and were a little more
quiet. The big negative is they melt if the raw water
injection at the exhaust elbow goes away. All in all, most
folks like them better than the original or the fiberglass
pot-type Aqua Lift brand mufflers. Perhaps Olivier could
supply us with the model number and any installation tips.
Hey Olivier...

All the best,
Joel F. Potter
AMEL 54 Hull # 14, HOLLIS