rings in aft cabin on maramu

sy melmar y <newsgroup@...>

since i don't have had any possibility to talk and ask one of the
preowners of my maramu #89 a (maybe silly) question: in our aft cabin
there are two quite strong rings screwed in - one fwd just between the
entry door to the aft cabin and the little hatch to the cockpit, the
other one aft at the foot end of the beds on the center post. what are
they for? i want to keep/reinstate our maramu as original as possible. i
figuered that the amels did think something on most of the things they
were building in their boats. thanks for any hints.
marc, MELMAR Y, maramu #89, www.melmar.ch