Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] original rigging on maramu

Eric Lindholm

My maramu has a fixed "top stay" between the masts. Eric 105

sy melmar y <newsgroup@melmar.ch> wrote: hello
could anyone please tell me if originally the two masts were
interconectet by a "top stay"? on our maramu (1981) a stay is running
from the main mast top over a block/roll on the mizzen top down along
the mizzen to a point just above the block/roll of the mainsheet. since
i heard too many voices to remove it, i'm wondering if the amels put it
there.
similar question: the aftstay of the mizzen runs to a point on top of
the center pushpit or to the foot of the center pushpit? the welding
seems not to be original on our stern...
thanks,
marc, MELMAR Y, maramu #89, www.melmar.ch

Sailing Sailing yacht Amel Boating sailing