Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Custom Made Sheaves

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Jason,

I just found USA source...a sailor who makes custom delrin sheaves and blocks. I will post the information as soon as I receive it. I have no idea of the quality, value, and price.

BTW, I noticed the sheaves at the end of BeBe's mizzen boom need replacing.

Riza at Emek Marine in Gocek, Turkey will probably be the best value. I am going to ask him about the mizzen sheaves because there is an Amel 55 there that is joining us in the Atlantic Odyssey II and could bring them to me.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Apr 2, 2015 1:02 AM, "jwdernehl@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Thank you very much!  I actually ordered a couple of new fittings from Garhauer just over a week ago. But, There is no guarantee that they will work. If they do not, I will give your suggestion a shot.  How competitive is the pricing?  I guess it would be decent considering the fall of the Euro right now.

Thank you

Jason
Pao San 88
Sailing the Chesapeake since 2013