Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New to the Forum

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Welcome aboard,

I took the same path as you: first joining this forum and analysing the posts and responses to the various niggles and problems.

I’ve been amazed at the support and KNOWLEDGE in this community.

At the final analysis before purchase, the support of this forum was a positive factor in buying an SM. I purchased Eleuthera in July 2014 and sailed her to Turkey for a thorough refit. (I checked Oysters, Contests, HR, IP, Van den Stadt, Northwinds, Bristols etc before buying).  None of these have support of Amels.  Period.

Good luck with your search.  What are you looking for?  Santorin, Maramu, SM, 54?? or a new 55??

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007.

On 5 Apr 2015, at 20:07, sailor1367@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dears,

thanks for letting a none Amel owner joining the Forum :-)

In the meantime, I think is just normal curtesy to introduce myself:

I grew up on a lake in Switzerland and spend a bigger portion of my childhood on the water. I'm back to work since a bit over a year after a two year sailing experiment with my wife. We sailed from the east coast to the Bahamas, down the Caribbean and then back via Bermuda to the east cost where we sold our then Island Packet.

My dream is to set off again, sooner than later and preferably in an Amel 54. It may take time to do it again, but nevertheless I'm looking forward to become part of this community.

cheers

Marco

Jean-Pierre Germain,
Chief Pilot, Cozuro Limited,