Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Racor Fuel Filter/Water Separator

amelforme

Hi Jerry,

At the AMEL Shipyard, we offer a dual Racor Filter with
manifold and vacuum gauge as an option. This allowed one to
switch to a clean filter in an emergency (they never fail in
open seas with flat water) and change the dirty one when
more convenient.

Even if an engine only burns a maximum of 6 GPH, like your
Volvo, it passes many times that amount through the
injection pump each hour to lubricate and cool the pump.
The excess is returned to the tank via the return line.

I would use a single 500 series RACOR at the minimum and
think the dual 75500 MAX2 setup is the best way to go.

Hope this helps.

Joel F. Potter,
AMEL 54, Hull # 14, HOLLIS