Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh Water Pump accumulator tank
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 8:14 PM

Hi Alexandre,I believe this is
the original pump so it has lasted about 15 years.  The
pump is still working, but it only stops for a second or two
before it kicks back on again with any water being used.  I
checked the pipe to the pressure switch and it was wide open
with no accumulated mineral deposits.  I pumped some air
into the back of the tank and it worked fine again until the
next day when I had to put more air in the tank.  I'm
pretty sure that means the bladder has failed.
I don't think this is much of a
problem since I've totally ignored my fresh water system
for all 6 years I've owned the boat and it has worked
flawlessly.  I just need to find a replacement tank or
bladder.
KentSM243Kristy
On Apr 9,
2015, at 8:20 PM, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Good afternoon Kent,

Sorry to read about your fresh water accumulator’s bladder
problem.

I got my spare accumulator from Amel Martinique.

Then had to find some fitting (all metrics) was not easy.

Don’t know if the bladder can be changed.

What were the symptoms of the failure?

Good luck to you, you seem to have had your share of problem
during the last months…

Sincerely, Alexandre

SM2K #289 NIKIMAT

in Repair & maintenance in Fort Lauderdale, Florida,
USA

Leaving at the end of the month to Grand Bahama, Bahamas.

On Thu, 4/9/15, karkauai@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh Water Pump accumulator
tank

To: amelyachtowners@...

Date: Thursday, April 9, 2015, 6:57 PM

Hi All,

The bladder has failed in

my fresh water accumulator tank.  It's the 2liter

stainless tank attached to the original Feit pump AMFA

66B-K.

Does anyone have a

US source for parts?  I've contacted a couple
places

that looked promising, but no reply yet.  Does anyone
know

if the bladder can be changed without replacing the
tank?

The bladder is listed on my information as a separate
part,

so I'm guessing it can be replaced separately.

Thanks,

Kent

SM243

Kristy