Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground Behind Nav Station

Mark Erdos

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the response. I have a couple of issues going on here. Connected to this terminal are the yellow/green wires. Because there is  24v between these and the pos(+). I understand now I have a connection somewhere that needs to be looked for and broken.

However, when testing the Gnd solid green wire from the Furuno heading sensor (for the Furuno radar unit), I disconnected the green wire from this terminal (behind the nav station) and I get 24v. This is also true for the green wire coming off the 30 amp battery charger. This is telling me that both the battery charger and the heading sensor have internal connections from Neg(-) to the ground wires. This doesn’t seem right?

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275