Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Ground Behind Nav Station

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Mark,

I see that you are getting a lot of good help. I will try to answer your question anyway.

I am not so sure that the Furuno Heading sensor was original. It was not something Amel installed on BeBe. I have seen it installed on 54's, but I have not see one on SM's. I installed one on BeBe and it definitely is not connected to the bonding system.

As I understand the bonding system, it connects all metal objects that can come in contact with sea water together then connects those items to sacrificial zincs. There is no reason that I can imagine to have anything else connected.

BILL
BeBe

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 2:22 PM, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Thank you as always for taking the time. Am I correct in that the Green/Yellow wires should NOT have any connection to the battery neg(-)?

I really wish I understood this better. But no time like the present to learn. The part that makes me scratch my head on this is the Furuno heading sensor (which I am assuming is original)

Yes, please photo the original terminal for me. Thanks again.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275