Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground Behind Nav Station

Craig Briggs

Hi Kent - unless I'm missing something in all this grounding/bonding discourse, it seems the simple answer is don't connect your charger/inverter case to the green/yellow bonding system, only to the DC neg. As with all other electrical equipment. No?  (Unless you want to be like Nigel Calder :-)
Cheers, Craig SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., <karkauai@...> wrote :

On my Sterling charger/inverter there is an internal connection between the DC neg and the case.  If you connect the grounding post on the case to the bonding system, you have your connection.  I think most charger/inverters are wired this way.  I've removed this piece of equipment from the boat.

Kent
SM243
Kristy