Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground Behind Nav Station

karkauai

I think that would work, Craig, but the 220AC ground is also connected to the case.  It would have to be disconnected and reconnected to the boats 220 ground.
Since my charger/inverter failed, I've elected to do without it for now.
Someone said earlier that Amel doesn't put charger/inverters in their boats, only inverters...maybe for that reason?
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Apr 14, 2015, at 8:51 AM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Kent - unless I'm missing something in all this grounding/bonding discourse, it seems the simple answer is don't connect your charger/inverter case to the green/yellow bonding system, only to the DC neg. As with all other electrical equipment. No?  (Unless you want to be like Nigel Calder :-)
Cheers, Craig SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

On my Sterling charger/inverter there is an internal connection between the DC neg and the case.  If you connect the grounding post on the case to the bonding system, you have your connection.  I think most charger/inverters are wired this way.  I've removed this piece of equipment from the boat.

Kent
SM243
Kristy