Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Ground Behind Nav Station

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Craig,

I think what is at issue is that internally some inverter chargers have a connection between 230 AC earth (yellow/green) and 24VDC(-).

I am also thinking that this is why when Captain Amel was calling the shots, inverters were not an option on Amels. When BeBe #387 was made, Amel installed an owner-provided inverter and the AC circuits for that inverter are completely separate of the shore power/generator AC circuits.

Bill Rouse

BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 2:51 PM, sangaris@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Kent - unless I'm missing something in all this grounding/bonding discourse, it seems the simple answer is don't connect your charger/inverter case to the green/yellow bonding system, only to the DC neg. As with all other electrical equipment. No?  (Unless you want to be like Nigel Calder :-)
Cheers, Craig SN68 Sangaris

---In amelyachtowners@..., wrote :

On my Sterling charger/inverter there is an internal connection between the DC neg and the case.  If you connect the grounding post on the case to the bonding system, you have your connection.  I think most charger/inverters are wired this way.  I've removed this piece of equipment from the boat.

Kent
SM243
Kristy