Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] 230VAC EARTH is connected to Amel Bonding system in SM2k

Beaute Olivier

Good morning everybody,

I confirm AC ground and equipotential bonding are connected.
When in a marina, if your vessel is not equipped with a galvanic isolator, don't keep your shore power cord connected permanently (for instance, when you're not aboard for a few days/weeks).
If you want to keep your shore power cord connected, you should install a galvanic isolator.
None of the Santorins, SM, SM 2K, AMEL 54 were originally equipped with a galvanic isolator.

Have a good day.

Olivier

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 6:21 PM, "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" wrote:

Just another reason to have one of those silver electrodes to check hull potential.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Apr 14, 2015, at 10:19 AM, Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I think there was a message about this from Olivier a few weeks ago – stating that if you have the climma system installed the bonding was connected to AC earth (at the boat side of the generator / shorepower switch) via the climma system and that this was ok. I think my conclusion from this was therefore that probably the safest approach is to accept a connection between AC earth and the bonding exists and therefore have an isolation transformer on the shorepower feed, then we don’t have to be concerned as to whether the shorepower earth is wire correctly in the marina.

Andrew

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2015 3:57 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] 230VAC EARTH is connected to Amel Bonding system in SM2k

Maybe, not everything is cut and dry.

The 230VAC EARTH (yellow/green shore power/generator) is connected to the Amel Bonding System (yellow/green wire) at the Climma A/C salt water pump. The 230VAC EARTH (yellow/green shore power/generator) is connected to the pump housing and the Amel Bonding system (yellow/green wire) is connected to the pump housing via a connection to the one-way valve on the top of the pump.

I am not sure, but this may be the case with the 230VAC pumps with the Dessalator water maker.

The following is a link to the photo showing the 230VAC wires inside the junction box on the Calpeda BCM20E pump. 
 https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/amelyachtowners/photos/albums/324976668/lightbox/58456993?orderBy=ordinal&sortOrder=asc&photoFilter=ALL#zax/58456993

I wish that I knew more about this.

Bill
BeBe #387

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.