Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 54 for Sale

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Craig,

This is perfect.

I know that LONE STAR is an Amel 54 in perfect condition. LONE STAR has been well maintained by loving, caring, and knowledgeable owners.

The fact that Joel is going to be with you on your final ocean passage will enable him to hand over LONE STAR to new owners with complete confidence, and with hands-on experience and  knowledge of the boat. Those new owners will truly be lucky. They will be buying one of the best 2008 Amel 54s, from great first owners and the broker selling her to them is not only Joel Potter, but he has just made an ocean passage in the boat. Fantastic!

Every year several prospective Amel owners ask me to recommend a boat or a broker. I always recommend the Amel Guy (Joel Potter) because he has sold more Amels than anyone in the world and he is the most knowledgeable person regarding Amels. Let me assure you that I will put every person contacting me in touch with you and Joel.

I had a conversation yesterday with a Dutch guy looking to buy a 54 without VAT, possibly in the Caribbean or US. I will see him today and continue the conversation, this time with a discussion about LONE STAR and Joel Potter. If he is serious I will put you and Joel in contact with him.

Good luck. My guess is that LONE STAR will have new owners before you expect it (I hope the new owners keep the name.)

TO: Those people in this Group looking to buy an Amel - This is an Amel that you should look at! It is possible that this will be one of the best Amels offered for new ownership. Even if you are looking for a newer or older model, this is the one you should use as a benchmark against all others.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Apr 17, 2015 10:41 PM, "sv.lonestar@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

After seven truly amazing years aboard our beloved Amel 54, LONE STAR, Jan and I have decided to swallow the anchor, at least for a while, as we embark on new adventures.

We have considered our options carefully and have decided to enlist the aid of Joel Potter to find new caretakers for LONE STAR. Joel was the ‘team leader’ in our acquisition process and the good council and advice he gave us as we ordered and outfitted LONE STAR has been borne out as we traveled throughout the Mediterranean and Turkey before an unforgettable Trans-Atlantic passage that was followed by several seasons in the Caribbean and an exploration of the Chesapeake.

We plan to participate in the ARC USA Rally from Tortola to Ft. Lauderdale in May where we will officially import LONE STAR and put her up for sale. Joel will be on board for this final rally in addition to the regular 'salts'. Joel insisted on making the passage to evaluate and make observations about the true overall condition of LONE STAR and to be able to make factual representations about our Amel 54’s ability to keep on moving to the destination of your dreams. We are awaiting Joel’s arrival and inspection of LONE STAR before we set a realistic asking price. Please contact me at 713-898-9830, sv.lonestar"at"gmail"dot"com or Joel at jfpottercys"at"att"dot"net, 954-462-5869 if you have any questions.

Craig and Jan Scott
LONE STAR
A54 #101
currently in Virgin Islands