Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] PANTAENIUS America Ltd

Stephen Davis

Hi Eric,

We also have Pantaenius, but have not yet received a letter like yours. My guess is we will all get this, as it sounds like they are changing the times and cruising grounds a bit. Our policy is not up for renewal until February 2016, and we may not get this notice until closer to that date. It does not sound as if they intend to cancel your policy, but will require you to acknowledge the changes before issuing a renewal. I have to admit, this is a strange way to go about it, as it would seem more reasonable to just send out the renewal with the new rules and price, and you could accept it or not. It also indicates the price will be going up, and I'd like to know by how much.

I'll plan to call my agent with Pantaenius on Monday, and see what he can tell me. If you hear anything more, please post it on the forum.

Regards,
Steve a Davis
S/V Aloha SM72
St Augustine, FL

On Apr 18, 2015, at 14:48, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I just receive a note from the above insurance company that my policy will not be renewed I have not had any

Claims on any boat ever. Has anyone else received this non-renewal notice, and what is it all about .

It is very legalese and very hard to understand. It seems like it only applies to the west coast and Mexican waters.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

As of January 2015, the Pantaenius America Yacht policy will no longer be automatically renewing, As such, we are required to deliver a notice of non-renewal (attached) and your existing policy will be terminating on its renewal date.

Additionally, we have updated our West Coast Cruising areas as stated below in order to better serve the individual cruising needs of our insureds. The rates may have increased due to the recent weather related catastrophic events as well as the new weather trends we’ve been seeing. If you are interested in receiving a quotation for the 2015-2016 policy term, please respond to this email indicating the option of your choice and a premium quotation can be provided.If your upcoming cruising plans are not reflected in the options below, please provide a detailed itinerary so a premium quotation can be offered.

I: If the vessel will NOT be, south 30.5 degrees, the following cruising area will apply:

Inland waters, bays and coastal waters east to 50° West Longitude and west to 135° West Longitude, and north to 52° North Latitude, and south to 30.5° North Latitude.

II. If the vessel will be navigating in Mexican waters between November 2nd through July 14th (not in Mexico during the Summer/Fall season), we can offer the following cruising area:

Canadian and United States Pacific Coast and Inland Waters, and Bays and Mexican Pacific Coastal Waters, west to 135 degrees West Longitude, east to 98 degrees West Longitude, north to 52 degrees North Latitude and south to 30.5 degrees North Latitude. Navigation is extended to allow the vessel to be within 30.5 degrees North Latitude and 7 degrees North Latitude and east to 77.5 degrees West Longitude in the Pacific Ocean. Waters of the Panama Canal are excluded. It is warranted that the vessel is not south of 30.5 degrees North Latitude in the Atlantic Ocean, inland waters, Caribbean Sea, Gulf of Mexico, Pacific Ocean, waters of Mexico, and the Panama Canal between July 15th and November 1st.

III. If the vessel will be remaining in Mexican waters for the storm season, July 15th through November 1st, we can offer the following cruising area:

Canadian and United States Pacific Coast and Inland Waters, and Bays and Mexican Pacific Coastal Waters, west to 135 degrees West Longitude, east to 98 degrees West Longitude, north to 52 degrees North Latitude and south to 30.5 degrees North Latitude. Navigation is extended to allow the vessel to be within 30.5 degrees North Latitude and 7 degrees North Latitude and east to 77.5 degrees West Longitude in the Pacific Ocean. Waters of the Panama Canal are excluded. Option III requires we have the a Named Tropical Storm Plan Warranty Form completed and returned to our office for review and approval to determine a separate Named Storm deductible.

If we do not receive a response from you, your policy will terminate on it’s renewal date as noted above. Feel free to contact our office with any questions.