Re: Volvo heat exchanger

asm283 <no_reply@...>

Hi Ian

I had the heat exchange removed and serviced. It was semi
complicated proedure. An owner could do it if he was familiar with
the process. If you are not mechanically inclined I would not
attempt it. There are seals to replace and most likely the heat
exchange will be in bad shape. I also had the turbo removed and
serviced. Check your muffler for rust.

Hope this helps.

Vito

Wanderer

--- In amelyachtowners@..., "Ian & Judy Jenkins"
<ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:

Hi, recently an owner wrote of cleaning the heat exchanger of
his Volvo,
but unfortunately I have deleted the relevant email. I now want
to do the
same. Could he tell me if he did this himself and if so what is
involved in
extracting the insert? It looks as though , once the pipework has
been
disconnected, four bolts holding a plate are extracted and the
pipes holdng
the seawater ( what I call the ¨insert¨) are simply pulled forward
and out
of the exchanger. Is it this simple or do you also have remove the
turbo to
get access? Did you have to replace any seals?
Any info would be very welcome, Fair winds, Ian Jenkins, Pen
Azen, SM
302, Brazil