From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2015 10:44 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] I had a defective prop

Here is a letter from Brutons.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Autoprop Issues Recall Brunton's Propellers is initiating a product
recall, as a precautionary measure, based on customer reports and in-house
technical inspection. Their recall letter follows:The recall is necessary
because of a small number of instances where, through lack of maintenance or
poor assembly, blades on early propellers have become loose. Premature wear
to the blade mechanism may, in an exceptional circumstance, result in the
blade working loose. Using the Autoprop under such conditions over long
periods of time may lead to potential breakdown of the locking washer
securing the blade to the hub. This situation will only occur on certain
size Autoprops with a serial number between AP2902 and AP5299, purchased
between 9/9/98 and 1/1/02.

Please check whether your Autoprop falls within this range. The number
appears on the palm of the blade. If it does, contact your local dealer or
the autoprop office in England. We can confirm whether your Autoprop is
affected or not.

As part of our ongoing product development plan, to enhance performance and
ease maintenance, a new blade locking mechanism has been introduced. This
mechanism is now being fitted to all roller bearing style Autoprops.

Brunton's Propellers intends to take the following steps to address this

situation:

1. Modification of the bearing retaining and locking mechanism.

2. Free upgrade to new style locking mechanism for all Autoprop user covered
under our warranty policy.

3. New generation lip seal fitted free of charge with all upgrades.

4. Worldwide support network of dealers and service agents for local
assistance and advice.

We appreciate the difficulty in assessing this situation, particularly if
your yacht is afloat. If your Autoprop does need technical attention related
to this recall, we will endeavour to make arrangements to upgrade it with
minimum disruption to your sailing schedule.

If you would like further clarification, or to talk about how any of the
above points may affect you, please contact our head office on 44(0) 1225
427511, service@..., or your local Autoprop dealer.