Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sharki bow thruster

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good evening Rosario,

First welcome to the group!
I am Swiss, so we are originally neighbors (except I am sailing in north america at the moment: mostly Bahamas, then Caribbean).
Congratulations on your Amel! I visited once a shark and really like it! Just a smaller version of the Maramu.

Since we have a different boat, I unfortunately can’t answer your question… but I had the same problem (except stuck in the down position) and it was the “sensors”.
But again, different boat, my bow thruster was made by Amel… but I wouldn’t be surprised they “got inspired” by the one you have.
May be someone knowledgeable like Olivier or other Sharki owner can answer the question…

Sincerely, Alexandre
SM2K #289
Provisionning in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sharki bow thruster
To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Date: Sunday, April 26, 2015, 3:43 PM

Hello
everyone,
thank you for
accepting me in the Group.
My name is
Rosario Romano, I am Italian and happy owner of
“FINALMENTE’ 1989 Amel Sharki no 173.
I am coming
out from 18 months shipyard works for masts repainting, new
rigging, new holding tank, new wc and general
maintenance.
I have just
put the boat back in the water and unfortunately I found the
bow thruster stuck in its top position. It is a model Bison
of “Propulseur d’etrave Martin”.
Apparently
there are no longer spare parts available and the company
disappeared. I have written to Amel Med, but the secretary
is on holiday. I hope in a answer in two weeks
time.
I wonder if
some other "Amelien"
or "Sharkien"
can help with experience, information and whatever you can
provide.