Re: Original Rotary Drive with New Autopilot

Andy Croney

Hi Charles,
thanks for your feedback.
We installed a B&G system using Triton and Zeus range.
We choose the Triton Pilot controller computer with the High current add on pack ( AC42N computer) - we had difficulty marrying he systems.
We now know that the computer is for a two speed rotary drive , however the old unit we have is only one speed, hence calibration always failed. We solved this by adding an additional relay.
In retrospect, we should have chosen the LOW current pack computer pack - which only has a single speed - the same as the original rotary drive.
If you can, I have been advised to keep the original rotary drive, as they are bullet proof,  "they don't make em like that anymore."
I have attached an image for your reference.
Trust the above is helpful

Fair winds
AndyMaramu 1980 #75