Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Anchor Wash Pump Capacity

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Steve,

My problem was the PO had removed the anchor wash pump; I knew this when I bought the boat.  I tried to procure a pump to no avail.  Then as we plan a circumnavigation and my take was to modernize the things which could be done without moving away from the Amel philosophy, it became logical to add a connection to the boat’s fresh water system.

Only meant a T fitting and a shut off valve after the union.  Works quite well… While I was at it, we ran another fresh water line to the forward part of the port lazarette and fitted a bayonet fitting; fresh water deck wash too :-)

BASTA… all done.

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 1 May 2015, at 16:30, svsummerlove@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Now that's an excellent idea.  It would have the added advantage of washing salt water off the chain too.  I'm presuming all that would be required is a check valve into the existing anchor wash system to prevent contamination of the drinking water supply.  Is there anything else you included in the conversion, or any potential problems you ran into?

Thanks,

Steve Constantine
s/v Summer Love
SMM #340