Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Weight/displacement

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

We haven't weight ours properly, but the crane in Gilleleje, Denmark which was for 18 tons could only lift us without diesel, water, beer (!), dinghy outboard etc.

Take your stuff aboard now, after a while you will,sort things out and get rid of it. Don't know how much "good-to-have" things we have left behind in garbage bins along the road. But I think it has to be like this, because you don't know how it is to live on a boat with minimal amount of things. And the amount of minimal things changes over the years.
Looking forward to meet you out here again soon.

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila, SM232 present at the Azores

Skickat från min iPad

3 maj 2015 kl. 10:26 skrev "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>:

Thank you all

20 ton loaded sounds to my experience more reasonable, and I agree it's easy to overload. We are currently clearing off all our belongings after have sold our house. We have lived together for almost 30 years and collect fare to many things most of the not necessary at all, now we only save a few things for memory and some useful items for our kids which they could have use for when starting a family.
We are currently loading a few (3) pallets with the remaining gears that we think we have use for under an undefined numbers of years aboard our Amel SM, at least half of it for the boat, tools, spare parts, outboard motor, ropes, etc cruising books, old classic books I never had time read, our cloth, guitar, and some household goods, all in all probably close to 1 ton of goods, My first thought was that one pallet would be enough, but now it looks as it will be three full pallets??????. In the worst case I have to throw away some items when loading the boat and find I have brought to much "nice to have" which I today consider need to have. I'm just entering the beginning of the learning curve of living aboard and cruising
Regards
Paul on S/Y Kerpa