Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Question and advise

eric freedman

Vito,
Vito,
I am glad you found it.

When I leave the boat for a few weeks I do the following:

I turn of the main seacock and remove the cover from the sea strainer.

I then put a fresh water hose in the sea strainer and run the following
gear.

Main engine
Generator
Both heads
Air conditioner
Anchor wash

This leaves fresh water in all equipment.
I am sure this adds longevity to the equipment and reduces the smell in the
heads.
Fair Winds,
Eric
Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite