Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Eumenia Mini 5500 Dishwasher Parts

Leopold Hauer

Hi Steve

I talked to Schabauer this morning. Your Timer is not available any more.
Could you check  if you have an EATON ( white ) timer or a Siemens ( metallic and brown ).
Schabauer says that EATON usuall doesnt fail. What is the exact failure of the dishwasher?

Leo

SM 69  Yin Yang

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 04.05.2015 um 02:36 schrieb svsummerlove@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the info.  I fear you're spot on with your prognosis regarding the days of dishwashers on board SMs being numbered.  With a "manufacture discontinued" product, the parts are essentially now made out of "Unobtainium".

I've struggled with the reality that I could go to a lot of trouble and expense replacing the timer, only to discover the dishwasher still doesn't work.  Even if it does solve the present problem, it's only a matter of time until the next unavailable part fails.

I'll wait to see what Leo can find out tomorrow, but maybe it's time to accept the inevitable.

Steve Constantine
s/v Summer Love
SMM #340