Re: Sharki bow thruster leaking

n33077@...

So last night I posted the pictures of the Sharki bow thruster. New pictures are up in the photo's file under Sharki Bow thruster.  If you zoom in you can see the hairline cracks in the white housing. I wrote to SAV@ Amel to see if they have a replacement unit and / or parts for this bow thruster.  27 years of service ain't too bad,  however it might be time to replace it.

As a temporary fix, I'm thinking of epoxying the housing, sanding it smooth again and re-installing the seal.  I'd also like to add a zirk fitting and just filling it with grease.  Any thoughts?

Aras
Sharki #163