Air hose and outboard

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hi Bill,

I should have known it would be practical… :-)

I’ll do something similar… diving “sans” the entire kit is a blimey good idea.

I too have a prob with junk in the carb.. made worse by the 1:100 oil mix as my Yammy is 2S.  I reduced the problem a lot when I started to burn all the fuel in the carb prior to storage.

Process: I haul the engine into the port rail block, then using the bottom part of a discarded balloon fender attached by 3 lines to the rail, I slip the balloon onto the foot and fill it with water, disconnect the fuel line, start the engine and let it run until it runs out of fuel.  I then remove the ballon, ditch the soiled water and place the cover atop the engine.  BASTA…

Thank you for your idea.

JPG

On 10 May 2015, at 10:10, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

JP,

I went to a dive shop and told them that I wanted two things:
A fifty foot hose that would attach to my dive tank regulator and a an air-jet nozzle that I could attach to the other end of the hose. I told them I also wanted to be able to attach my octopus to the end of the hose for a quick dive on the propeller, etc.

They sold me what I needed with quick-disconnects to use the new 50 foot hose as an extension so that I could dive without kitting up, leaving the tank on deck...AND...I can attach an air-jet nozzle to that same line for general compressed-air projects on the boat. Of course, a strong jet of air is needed nowadays to clean the reconstituted corn that is left in the outboard engine carburetor by ethanol which is added gasoline. grrrr.

Bill
BeBe 387

Posted by: yahoogroups@...