Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Iridium Sat. Phone

Peter Forbes

Gary,

Good question - I would like to know the answer if you get it as I have a similar set upon my 54.

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
Travelling West in Mediterranean

On 11 May 2015, at 12:40, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Gary,
I just received the same equipment as you have.  I have sent emails via the wifi access point, and made calls with the phone, not using the access point.  I haven't tried using the phone plugged into the access point by USB.
What are you trying to do with it plugged in rather than using the wifi hotspot for email or web weather?

I'll give it a try and get back to you tomorrow.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
En Route to Charleston SC

On May 10, 2015, at 9:45 PM, gary@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello,  I know this is off topic of our boats, but I am working with an Iridium 9575 (Extreme) and an Iridium Axcess Point router ((WiPipe) and they are giving me geek-fits tonight.

Wondering if anyone is using or has used this combo to put WiFi aboard and if I might spell out the challenge I'm looking at for further review.  The devices are current firmware, properly registered, fully charged and both work independently; I can make/take calls, send texts on the phone and I can access the Router via local WiFi for setup options.  The stumper is when the router is connected to the phone by USB; the phone registers "USB Cable Connected" for about 3 seconds, then says "USB Cable Disconnected" and there is no way to dial out to establish a data connection.  The weirdest part isthat the phone indicates it is now having its battery charged from the Axcess Point router.  I'm pretty sure that's not quite right :)  I have used multiple cables, and have started from 'scratch' in configuring the phone but the symptoms are unchanged.
If anyone has run this path before, I'd certainly appreciate any coaching or troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks,

Gary W.

S/V Adagio

SM 209